The Cross Border Network (CBN) is an organization formed by journalists from Uganda and South Sudan with the objective of promoting professional collaborations between journalists from the two countries; sharing of media content on cross- border between the two countries with a particular focus on refugees, host communities in Uganda and internally displaced persons in South Sudan. The network was formed on 23, June 2017 during a DW Akademie supported meeting of 19 journalists from Uganda and South Sudan in the Uganda district of Wakiso. Membership of CBN includes journalists and radio stations from Uganda and South Sudan.
- Sharing of cross- border content on refugees, internally displaced persons, host communities, humanitarian agencies and other parties for use on different media platforms in Ugandan and South Sudan.
- Promote collaboration to build capacity of journalists and media houses in the network to report cross border issues in a conflict sensitive manner.
- Empower refugees, host communities and other stakeholders with access to timely, relevant and accurate information on cross border issues.
- Provide a platform for refugees, IDPs, host communities and other stakeholders to receive information and engage in discussion on cross border issues.
- Build networks with like-minded media organisations involved in media development work and defence of press freedoms.